Is Regular Curtain Cleaning Important

58

Is Regular Curtain Cleaning Important

Today’s lifestyle is busy, and most people are too occupied with work to worry about removing stains from their curtains. Keeping your curtains clean can be a hassle especially if you’re busy with work and family. If you don’t have the time to wash them, then at least dry-clean them often by hiring a professional curtain cleaning service.

A cleaned and maintained curtain can look as good as a new one. Regular cleaning will help curtains last longer and maintain their beauty and shine. Many people mainly clean or wash the soiled parts of their curtains, which reduces their life span. Cleaning your drapes is not a big task to do but needs some tips that should be followed properly without any complications.

Here are 7 of the most important reasons why regular cleaning of your curtains is highly recommended:

1. Curtain Cleaning Increases Curtain Life

According to research on homes in Seattle, Washington published in The Cleaning Institute’s Sparkling Results magazine, there was a strong correlation between the length of time a curtain remains clean and its life expectancy. For instance, those who had their drapes steam cleaned every six months stayed cleaner twice as long as those who didn’t have their drapes cleaned as often.

2. Curtain Cleaning Helps Prevent Health Issues

According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, 60% of house dust mites were found in the bedrooms and living rooms while 38% were found in the kitchen and dining areas. Mites are allergens that often trigger asthma symptoms especially if you have allergies to them. Dust mites thrive on moisture so they love dark, damp places where they can feed freely without being disturbed. However, regular cleaning of your curtains helps remove these allergens by up to 95%. The remaining 5 percent may not be completely removed, but it will be greatly reduced, which is good enough for you to breathe better air quality in your home or office space.

3. Curtain Cleaning Increases Curtain Life

According to research on homes in Seattle, Washington published in The Cleaning Institute’s Sparkling Results magazine, there was a strong correlation between the length of time a curtain remains clean and its life expectancy. For instance, those who had their drapes steam cleaned every six months stayed cleaner twice as long as those who didn’t have their drapes cleaned as often.

4. Curtain Cleaning Helps Prevent Allergies

Dust mites are allergens that often trigger asthma symptoms especially if you have allergies to them. Dust mites thrive on moisture so they love dark, damp places where they can feed freely without being disturbed. However, regular cleaning of your curtains helps remove these allergens by up to 95%. The remaining 5 percent may not be completely removed, but it will be greatly reduced, which is good enough for you to breathe better air quality in your home or office space.

5. Curtain Cleaning Guarantees Peace of Mind

Having clean curtains means that you don’t have to worry about the dust and allergens sticking to them anymore. While no curtain is ever 100% dirty-proof, regular cleaning guarantees that at least you’ll get rid of most of these elements before they can settle on your drapes and make your house even dirtier than it already is.

6. Curtain Cleaning Adds Style and Value To Your Home

You don’t need to hire a professional interior designer to give life and style to your home. With a set of curtains that are clean and free from dust, allergens, and stains, you’ll be able to instantly give your house or office space an instant makeover without having to spend too much money on new furniture pieces.

7. Curtain Cleaning Increases Curtain Life

According to research on homes in Seattle, Washington published in The Cleaning Institute’s Sparkling Results magazine, there was a strong correlation between the length of time a curtain remains clean and its life expectancy. For instance, those who had their drapes steam cleaned every six months stayed cleaner twice as long as those who didn’t have their drapes cleaned as often.

If you think hiring professional curtain cleaners is expensive then so is buying new curtains every 6 months. Regularly cleaning your curtains helps increase their lifespan which means you’ll get more value for your money.